If you are paying for any fees, special events, giving to specific ministries, etc., please designate the payment so we will know!
Your tithes and gifts make a REAL difference at Faith and are vital to the every-day ministry of our church. We ask that you would prayerfully consider how God is leading you to give.
The ministry of Faith Church is funded by God’s provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful members and attenders.
Need help? Call 803-732-1234 or email Lori@faithirmo.org
Because of your generous and consistent giving we are able to do all that we do including:
- Providing weekly opportunities to corporately worship and share the hope of Christ which helps you connect to God as you deepen your relationship with Him
- Practice covenantal discipleship for our students through adults as we connect as a body and foster growing relationships with Jesus
- Partnering with local community ministries to meet the physical and spiritual needs of our community along with providing outreach projects as we connect to others
- Going beyond our local community to partner in various parts of the world as we connect to others
- And much more!
The Bible teaches, “The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.”(Deuteronomy 14:23 TLB).
- Tithing is an act of worship that expresses our gratitude, faith, and love for God.
- Tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything we have. He expects us to be good stewards of what He gives us.
- Tithing is giving back to God from what He has given you. The baseline standard for giving in scripture is “the tithe”, which is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means “a tenth.” Although everything we have ultimately belongs to the Lord, we are to give Him a tenth back through the local church.
There are great benefits to online giving for both you and our church. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip. Plus, you can easily track and adjust your giving at any time.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus for Worship – During the service, you can be fully focused on the worship of God, knowing that you have already given your offering. As you are given your receipt and balance your account, you should continue worshipping God for who He is and how He has provided for you
A Note About Giving Through Your Checking Account
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- We do not want to encourage anyone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- Fees the church pays for an electronic funds transfer from a checking account is extremely minimal (especially in comparison to a credit card transaction). We do have an option for you to pay any fees for the church when you give online by checking the checkbox that says "Cover Processing Fee" at the bottom of the transaction page! The amount that will be added to your gift will listed at the bottom of the transaction.